Current Book Club
The club is currently reading Educated by Tara Westover.
This Year's Book Club
Mar. 2019 - Educated by Tara Westover
Feb. 2019 - The Library Book by Susan Orlean
Jan. 2019 - Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
I Rigoberto Menchu: An Indian Woman in Guatamala by Rigoberto Menchu
Nov. 2018 - Day After Night by Anita Diamant
Oct. 2018 - Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
The University Friends Circle Book Club meets on the first Thursday of the month at 3:45 p.m. at the Merced Barnes & Noble store at 1720 West Olive Avenue, Merced, CA 95348.
Common Interest Committee Co-Chairs Pauline Cuchna (email@example.com) and Martha Goodwin (firstname.lastname@example.org) invite all members to join them for robust discussion each month. Book Club members rotate responsibility for book selection.
Please contact Pauline or Martha to join or for more information.
Previous titles have included:
- July 2018: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- June 2018: The House of Broken Angels by Luis Alberto Urrea
- April 2018: The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah
- March 2018: a land more kind than home by Wiley Cash
- February 2018: In the Midst of Winter by Isabel Allende
- January 2018: The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs
- December 2017: Moonglow by Michael Chabon
- November 2017: The Weeping Woman by Zoe Valdes
- October 2017: The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck